You may also sooner invest on a stall for a better selling. Because of its meaty and unique taste, plus it is easy to make, siomai has become one of the booming food cart business in the Philippines.
There are lot of variation that you can even make your own homemade siomai such as fish, siomai, beef siomai and chicken siomai and many more. One good thing to remember in having a soft, tasty siomai is that the ground meat should have some fat or otherwise the cooked siomai will be too tough.
If you want to venture in this food business, here is a siomai recipe from panlasangpinoy.com that you can always try. This siomai recipe is the Cantonese variety that is basically made out of ground pork, shrimps and other ingredients.
- 2½ lbs ground pork
- 1 cup shrimp, minced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, minced
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1½ cups white mushroom, minced
- 1 pack won ton wrapper
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 piece raw egg
- Water for steaming
- Combine all the ingredients except for the water and wanton wrapper and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients using the won ton wrapper. (watch the video for easy procedure)
- Using a steamer, steam the wrapped siomai (shaomai) for 15 to 25 minutes. The time depends on the size of each individual piece (larger size means more time steaming).
- Serve hot with kikkoman soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.
To all the readers of this website Thebrightinvestor.com, please read carefully and understand this disclaimer before you use or implement all the contents found here. Some of the posts are risky to use if you are a beginner.
All the post and contents of this website samperkinzblog.com is for public information only, however we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or the assurance that will work for you if you implement some of the tutorials posted on this website. We are working to the best of our skills to make this website updated and working, but due to the fact that every seconds there some updates taking place on the World Wide Web it’s out of our control if some of the contents here will not work.