A special Filipino beef dish that captured my heart since I was young because of its unique delicious taste. I love this dish so much.
- 1 kilo beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 calamansi or 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
1.Marinade beef in soy sauce, calamansi or lemon, and ground black pepper for an hour then fry until golden brown, set aside and save the marinating sauce because we will use it later.
2. Saute the garlic and onion, remove some onions for toppings later, then put the fried beef and marinating sauce, then simmer over low heat until meat is tender.
3. When it is done turn off the heat , top with the onion rings and serve with rice.
To add more sauce just combine some soy sauce, calamansi and a little sugar then add to the bistek and allow to simmer.