Foods high in oxalic acid – This includes:
• Spinach, rhubarb, tomatoes, collards, eggplant, beets, celery, summer squash, sweet potatoes, peanuts, almonds, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, parsley, and cocoa.
• Grapefruit juice – Can increase the risk for kidney stones.
• Processed red meats – Can cause the body to excrete calcium, leading to a buildup of calcium in the kidneys.
• Calcium rich foods – Avoid conventional dairy products like milk and processed cheese that can cause a buildup of calcium.
• Caffeine – Is dehydrating which can make kidney stones worse.