Things to know about SSS retirement pension
- SSS members who reach 60 years old, made 120 monthly contributions or more and is no longer employed or engage in self-employment are qualified to apply.
- If an SSS member is still employed or engaged in self-employment, he/she can only claim the benefit upon separation from employment or when he reaches 65 years old.
- While pension is usually granted in monthly payments, those who did not qualify for the 120 month required contribution period are likely paid in lump sum
- A member engaged in underground mining need to satisfy the following conditions:
- 55 years old working for 5 continuous or accumulated years
- actual date of retirement is not earlier than March 13, 1998
- 60 years old working or not
- made 120 monthly contributions
- Retirement Claim Application
- DDR Signature Card
- DDR Savings Account form;
- Certificate of Separation from last employer (if member is less than 65 years old) ;
- Passbook or ATM Card (if pension);A member must open a single savings account in the bank of his choice and submit to the SSS his savings account number and a photocopy of his passbook or ATM Card upon filing of his application. The original copy of the passbook must be presented for authentication purposes.
- Certified true copies of birth or baptismal certificate of dependent children;
- Certified of cessation of business or practice of profession (for self-employed members who are less than 65 years old);
- Certified true copy of marriage certificate
- Proofs of filiation for illegitimate dependent children
- UMID or SSS biometrics ID card or two (2) other valid IDs, both with signature and at least one (1) with photo and date of birth.
Procedure on claiming your SSS retirement benefits
- Fill up SS form DDR-1 (black ink only)
Printed capital letters
Member information / SS number (10 digits)
Surname Given Middle
Address postal code
Place of birth
Mobile phoneRegistered names of employers and address and inclusive time of employment
NA for not applicableDependent children
Under 21 or 21 but incapacitated
Date of birth
Legit or illegitimateTick the box if you wish to receive the first 18 months worth of pension in advance
Advance pension a certain percentage will be deducted from proceeds of benefit and regular monthly pension will resume on 19th month
Check whether you are currently receiving SS pension
If yes, state what type of pension
If death, SS number and name of deceased member
Write SS and name (surname, first, middle) on acknowledgement stub
Cashcard, ATM, Passbook option
Name of bank and branch
Bank address account number
Sign and date of signature
If member cannot sign or incapacitated fill up the portion for finger print – right thumb and right index finger. This s witnessed by 2 persons, one of whom must be SSS employee.
Names and signature of witnesses on space provided and date
Certification of Separation from Last Employer
Employer ID number and registered number address and postal code
Signature of representative, designation and date
- Submit the form and other requirements at the nearest SSS branch.
- SSS locations in Metro Manila
- SSS locations in Rizal
- SSS locations in Cebu
- Upon approval of your claim you will receive notice from SSS informing of details of payment and when to withdraw payment from the bank.
- If member is less than 65 years old and Certification of Separation from Last Employer is not filled out, please provide:
Non Practice of Profession
Non Renewal of Business Permit
Transfer of Ownership
- Certificate of cessation of business issued by barangay
Affidavit of cessation of
* Non-practice of profession and no earnings
if self-employed member is less than 65 years